REPLY

Thursday, December 15, 2022

28 Pretty Good Years.

 

December 15th definitely creeped up on us and to be honest I personally don't mind having a low key anniversary this year. It's nice to just wake up in the morning and lean into each other with a soft kiss (bad breath and all) saying "happy anniversary babe." And that's enough. It's simple and sweet and don't need the gifts of the world to prove our love for one another 9although he did give me some chocolate and a sweet card!)

Time, hugs, great conversation, laughing and just being together watching a movie on Netflix while it's frigid cold outside is good enough for me this year. I am so grateful for this time in my life to feel that I don't want or need a lot. I have what I need right in front of me. my family. Living and breathing the same air as me. My husband, my kids, and my love for God. Just being together for another year is survival. No matter how happy one may seem or how much one travels and explores with their kids-times can get hard. And just celebrating another year of marriage is a milestone. It doesn't matter if it's your 5th, 8th, 13th, 19th, 25th, or in our case, our 28th anniversary. Each passing year together is special because we made it. And we didn't even realize how fast it came upon us. Not that's saying something. Happy anniversary to us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment