REPLY

Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Sunday!

Be prepared for a big photo dump like this one because besides Christmas- the easter season is my favorite holiday. I feel that the older I get along with my kids these holidays that are meant to not only remember "the reason (Jesus Christ) for the season" they are also for us to remember to have fun! Our kids are getting older but these two who are left to raise in the home will never grow up. Apples and trees...I mean, they do take after Jon and I and I know there will come a time when they'll seriously grow up, but I feel as if they will be a kid at heart even when they are in there 20's and 30's. Aside from Easter egg hunts, cascarones (confetti eggs) is a tradition that I grew up with and have kept it within my family since my kids were toddlers. I absolutely love making these but to be honest as I've gotten older I have started ordering them on eBay! Making them for the past 20 plus years have been a huge labor of love but it's time for me to just order them instead of making them! LOL!
We had so much fun on this day. Church and fun do mix and I suggest to let your hair down and to not make the day all spiritual! I love implementing the story of Jesus in our easter family traditions as well as Holy Week leading up to his resurrection, but I know what makes me comfortable and having temporal fun on Easter is ok! I only wish I had my two older daughters with us like the old days but from the looks of their photos and videos that they sent me it looks like they too had a fun easter cracking cascarones on other peoples heads! Ha ha! Easter this spring was the absolute funnest and also the prettiest! 




No comments:

Post a Comment