REPLY

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Little Letters- In Memory of Our Spring Break.

Dear Rutgers Gardens, 

Your simple garden is absolutley quaint and perfect. It is perfect for a walk any time of day. My children loved the smell of gardenia, and all the flowers that were planted. I also appreciate you being free of charge!

Dear Betsy's Drive-In, 

Thank you for having a drive-in close to home. Thank you for being clean, and quaint with concessions stands that serve great food at affordable prices! Not only does it remind me of my childhood days, but it also reminds me of my days when I lived in Utah frequenting the Redwood drive-in! I have been wanting to share this experience with my two youngest kids, and they had the time of their life! Nostalgic for sure! 
Dear Holland Ridge Farms, 

You are the dream! The dream of pretending of being in Holland surrounded by colorful tulips, yellow clogs, and windmills. My kids love tulip picking and it has become a tradition to go every year now. Thank you for only being 20 minutes away! 
Dear Deep Cut Gardens, 

Now I can see why they call New Jersey the Garden State. Living in the central part of Jersey has its perks for those who love farms, flowers, and gardens. My kids and I enjoyed walking around the garden, and even though the tulips were wilted due to the rain we had the day before it was still a joy to walk around underneath a blue sunny sky.
Dear Jersey Shore, 

Your sounds of the waves crashing are soothing and bring comfort to my ears. I cannot wait until the weather is warmer so that we can actually swim in the ocean instead of just getting our feet wet! 
Dear Coney Waffle, 

Our love for sweets, and Playa bowls are definintely a staple for summer, but having a "wonder wheel" shake this past week was the cream of the crop for my kids! 
Dear AMC theatres, 

Thank you for your dolby sound huge theatre with comfortably reclined seats. Watching the Avengers Endgame twice (once with the kids, and then alone with Jon) was epic! It'll be at the top of the books listed as my most memorable day. 
Dear Spring, 

Oh how we will miss you and your gorgeous blossom trees. I have to say this was one spring break where we seriously surrounded ourselves with endless pink trees. From Central park to Brooklyn to our own neighborhood! Please stay pink a little bit longer! 
Dear New York,

Thank you for being a 75 minute drive from my house. My love for you grows deeper and deeper and I never grow weary for you. You make our adventures fun, and longing for more even after we leave. Why do you have to be so expensive to live in. One can dream right? 

Here's hoping everyone had a lovely spring break whether it was close to home or out of the U.S.!




No comments:

Post a Comment