REPLY

Monday, April 29, 2019

Easter Sunday In Virginia.

I have to admit that some of my closest and dearest friends are those I've known for more than 20 years and live a faaaaarrrrrr distance from me. Sure I have met some great people here but overall time, contact, and genuine love are required for a true friendship to last. 

I have built many friendships throughout my years here of living in Jersey and in all honesty, have developed probably five really good ones but most of them have moved away. However, I am truly grateful for the smiles, and little comments I receive on social media (and you know who you are) from those I don't see very often who currently live near me, and I do appreciate that. Really I do!!

This past Easter we spent Easter last Sunday with one of my dearest friends whom I hadn't seen in nearly 14 years. We were pregnant with our now 14-year-old daughters when I last visited her, and when they both met it was like kismet. They immediately became friends and got along so well. Brenda and I met 20 years ago in San Antonio at church and because we had toddlers a year apart hit if off. They are now 19 and 20 years of age! We had just moved in and it was so nice to see a friendly face at church. We immediately exchanged information and began to have play dates, girls night, and just hung out. Even afte 14 years of not seeing each other and talking a few times a year via phone it seems as if we just saw each other yesterday. 
I am so glad the girls hit it off just like Brenda and I did. Noah too! Although he stills longs for a surrogate brother he says having extra "sisters" are fine too! 
I am so glad she lives closer to me (yes, three hours is close for me!) and that we can take turns road tripping to visit one another. We had a nice time attending church in her area where she was in charge of the Easter program and did an amazing job! It was a beautiful service spent with beautiful people in a beautiful area!

No comments:

Post a Comment