REPLY

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Rumple Buttercup & Matthew Gray Gubler!

When I read the tweet about Matthew Gray Gubler comimg to Jersey for a book signing I immediately cleared my schedule and told the kids that we were going to meet "Dr. Reid." Noah was a bit quiet when I told him the news. I think it was more of a "I have to see him to believe it" sort of look. I don't blame him.

Even though Criminal Minds is not a show for a nine year old to watch he'll still watch it with my supervision. He just loves the way Dr. Reid's mind works, and character in that show. Meeting him in person wasn't any different. I have to say that he was the sweetest, kindest, happiest human being I've ever met. Very down to earth, and so much fun. I can tell he loves children. I mean...he did write a childrens book, and it's the cutest book ever.

When he first saw the kids his eyes lit. I could tell that he was excited to see kids as opposed to a lot of women fangirling! I'm sure he was kind to the ladies, but I could tell he really appreciated Chelsea and Noah being there. He asked them what grade, and how old they were. He even had Noah wear Rumples head for a photo! He was very personable, and their conversation would have continued had it not been for his "people" moving the line and pretty much rushing us out! I was pretty bummed because I would have loved asking what his favorite criminal line was on the show, or quote. I was just so flustered with the camera, and his people that looked like the FBI guarding him that I lost my thoughts! No cell phones were allowed either hence the professional photos that were taken by a professional photographer. However, I am grateful for the opportunity we had to meet him, and to now own his book. I bought one for Sierra who is a die hard fan. One she can pass on down to her future posterity. 
I highly recommend this book. It is a perfect gift for any child. Especially those who are different, and weird. And I mean that in a good way, and so does Matthew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment