REPLY

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Little NYC Guide For The Holidays!

It's been a while since I've done an update of things to do while in New York city and although I'm not a native new Yorker I can say that I feel confident enough to know of what fun events are going on such as places to go to as a family, fun places to go for a family photo, places to have some yummy hot chocolate and overall doing the touristy thing that all tourists love to see when they come to the Big Apple. 

Since I last blogged about this there have been numerous add ons to Instagram where you have sooooo many influencers sharing the same location and "things to do" in reels and that's fine and dandy. So here I am old school blogging about them in hopes that you also take the time to read and enjoy the simple things that this magical city has to offer during the holidays for free as opposed to being lavished in a fancy hotels and expensive restaurants! I mean, those are nice too but I like to save money and keep it simple that way when I come to the city I won't feel as overwhelmed or stressed knowing that I have to "keep up" with everything that every body else is doing while living here. 

So I will add on a few repeats and a couple of new things on this list with some photos and hope that they inspire you to come to the city and feel the magical part of "Christmas in the city." 

Radio city music Hall is famous for the the Christmas spectacular and seeing the rockettes dance is amazing. It's such a magical show and I recommend seeing it at least once in your life!

Fifth avenue and all along Rockefeller center is touristy and popular this time of year. The Saks store has a new lighting display show and it's pretty cool. Last year was the first time they closed off certain streets  which means no cars are admitted. This helps people to enjoy themselves without getting hit by a car! It might be annoying to some but I actually like it!



The lighting of the Rockefeller tree is still on my bucket list but it looks like a huge party on television! I also love how they added a few chalets near the skating rink in Rockefeller center where you can get hang out for 30 minutes and stay warm inside while sipping on hot chocolate watching others ice skate. It is such a nice idea and I'm so glad we had the chance to go last year. So fun! 
Can we talk about the cutest green truck called Ralph's coffee located in the coziest spot in Manhattan where they serve hot drinks, and pastries. I love how it is so festive this time of year. The croissants and the hot chocolate are delicious! I'm not a coffee drinker but I hear that it is really good! 
Going to Fao Schwarz during the holidays and on Noah's birthday has been a tradition since all my kids were little but I think they have all outgrown the store. Noah turned 14 last month and I practically had to beg him to take a picture with toy soldiers Roy and Carla for the last time. Who knows, maybe when he's older or has a family of his own he will take more pictures with them but Im happy that he was a good sport and had fun taking the picture with them! I highly recommend this store and make sure to play on the big piano while inside! 
I have so much more to write but till probably do another post so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment