REPLY

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Special Day



The Maldonado Family
Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend my dear friends sealing in the Washington D.C. Temple. Temperatures were in the thirties, and I had four children in tow. The two and a half drive was worth it. Worth it to see my friend Stephanie whom I met almost three years ago here in New Jersey. She now lives in Virginia with her husband Mike and three children, Julia, Tyler, & Aiden.


As I listened to the words that were being said to this wonderful family by the sealer (who by the way was the same sealer that sealed them a little over a year ago) brought tears to my eyes. They were tears of joy that brought back memories of my own sealing back in 2003.  There was one thing that was said to them by the sealer that struck a cord in my soul.  He advised them to treat each other with kindness because they are going to be together forever. How simple a word, kindness. That word was etched in my mind all day long and has been this whole past week. I love the temple and the peace that nurtures my soul when I enter in. Going for that purpose rejuvenated my spirit and is a constant reminder to me that families can be together forever. 
It was a great day to have shared it with them among other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment