REPLY

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Our Easter Sunday!!

To be honest...as I get older making cascarones has become tiresome even for the kids. I love making them but in all honesty I'm most likely going to start buying them. Maybe, depending on my mood I will make a few but now that the kids are older they would rather crack them on peoples heads than make them. LOL! It was so much easier and funner to make when they were little. Oh how I loved watching these two fill them up with confetti and then decorate them. Those were the days. Now, I think I'll just buy them. Glad I had quite a few heads to crack this year because we had the missionaries from our church over for easter dinner. They had never heard of cascarones and were a little nervous when I said that the kids had a "surprise" for them. 

When they arrived I told them to close their eyes. And when I told the kids to "do it gently" they peeked a bit and were more nervous. I couldn't help but to laugh out loud! I got my camera ready for to capture them in actionand it was so funny! Noah got Elder Parker while Chelsea got Elder Burgess. They thought they were raw eggs at first and then realized it was just confetti. It was hilarious and I loved every minute of this day. With my two older daughters gone it was nice to have young adults in my house to have fun with the kids. Cascarones is a tradition that I have done for years and a tradition that I grew up with. And that I will never grow weary of doing! 

Now for some photos and you can watch a fun 15 second vid here on my tiktok






No comments:

Post a Comment