REPLY

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Robert Gould Shaw Memorial in Boston.

 

The movie "Glory' has been one of my all time favorite civil war movies and when I saw that this monument was placed in Robert Gould Shaw's honor in Boston I immediately wanted to go and see it. It is such a beautiful sculpture and I can't believe it took me almost 20 years to finally see it! I love everything that this man did for his fellow man in leading an all black regiment into battle. Sad ending being that the fort was never taken but what an example of courage to stand up for black men in inspiring other colored men to join in. Glory is a well done movie and the civil war is something that's obviously gone down in history. Who knew we would be in battle with each other. Hope that history won't repeat itself and that we can continue to pray for other countries who are in war at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment