REPLY

Monday, April 29, 2024

An Afternoon At The Washington D.C. Temple.

 

As long as I'm living in the east coast near one of my favorite temples in Washington D.C. I will always be feeling nostalgic. When we first moved here this was the one temple where we the most active in attending and the one temple where we always dragged our kids along since they were single digit ages. I love looking back at old photos and blog posts and having one kid left to take to this temple is bittersweet. Whether Noah fakes it or not or pretends to like coming here to make me happy doesn't matter. Although I believe he really does like coming because of the little pool and the cool auditorium which remind me of a mini conference center. He always has new questions to ask us about the church and the temple and I appreciate his curiosity. He eventually will make his own choice as to continue to attend the temple as he gets older, but whatever his choices are we love him no matter what he thinks of it.  I love that we always have a fun time here. Sure it's a spiritual place but we can always make our own fun by not being so serious all the time. Like President Gordon B. Hinckley one said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."







No comments:

Post a Comment