REPLY

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Young bloggers

Blogging is a wonderful talent, and there are only a few of you that I follow... including my daughter's. From what I have read on your blogs, each of you --Ali, Emily, Lauren, Megan, Ashley, and Whitley (and if I missed someone it's because I haven't stumbled upon your blog) y'all have a unique way of writing, and it's all good! By recording your thoughts, feelings, trials, dreams, ideas, cooking skills, accomplishments, and yes, even boys...I know there are people who are reading it. I am happy to continue to notice more of the younger generations starting a blog. I know it isn't easy to keep it updated while still in high school, but just by journaling one entry a week is better than nothing. Especially when your cramming for exams, having extracurricular activities with school, church, and just trying to live a happy, and normal life as a young teenage woman. It's okay if you don't keep it updated. You'll just have to write more the next time you blog!

I know that college life keeps you busy too, and I admire those who keep it updated from time to time. By being away from home, and all the challenges, and new experiences that you face in your life each day may not be easy. By recording the things you feel can be very helpful to someone, as well as therapeutic for yourself. Sharing your thoughts and personal experiences with the world can change a life, and possibly help them become a better person. It can give them the desire to be better, and the courage to do something that they never thought would do. 

I know there are many out there who struggle, and want to find a way to be uplifted, and perhaps heard. 
I know because I used to be one of them. 

There were two friends that I had known for eight years and within a year of each other we all moved away from Utah. They both started blogs a few years before I did. I'm old school (still am to an extent), and didn't own a computer until 2011. When I moved to New Jersey, and got on Facebook at the end of 2009 when my son was born, I felt a strong desire to start a blog. Although I keep a handwritten journal, and scrapbooked from time to time...I wanted to start a blog not only to record our life as a family, but to share another thing that is so important...our faith. I am grateful for those two friends who inspired me to blog, and I will never forget them. 

One thing I've learned about blogging is to be yourself. Don't be afraid to write something that you feel needs to be read. It is your blog, and it shouldn't matter what other people think because they are your words. If they find something offensive, or hurtful they don't have to read it anymore. Luckily I have had nothing but positive feedback in my writings. 

My yearly anniversary of blogging is coming up, and I am so grateful that I have kept it going. Being a mother of four children never gets easy, and life keeps me busy. I may not have a 'paying' job, but being a stay at home mom is priceless, and I am glad to find some balance in finding the time to write (which is usually late, late at night!) My stories may not be for everyone to read, but if there is just ONE person out there that I have inspired, JUST ONE PERSON...I am going to keep on writing. It makes me happy when people compliment my blog, and tell me how much they enjoy reading it. They may or may not comment too much, and that's okay. I know that my words are being heard, and that my stories are being shared. The main purpose for my blog is for my family, and of course for y'all to hopefully be inspired. By blogging I hope to make the world a happier place. 

 and so I write this again...

To all you young bloggers out there...keep writing. You never know who you'll be uplifting.   

3 comments:

  1. It means so much to know you guys are thinking about me! My mom and I hope you're all doing well, and we can't wait to see you again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley...we think of y'all often, and hope to see y'all again. Next time your in NYC...let us know so we can drive into the city and meet up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete