REPLY

Friday, December 30, 2016

Free Hugs In The Middle Of Times Square.

The day before Sierra decided to take off we went on a spontaneous trip to new york, and made the best of the little time we had left to spend with her.  

Dinner at Bubba Gump, and walking around times square just taking in all the sights pretending to be new yorkers was pretty fun. 
Sierra, and Noah were both given a "free hugs" sign, and for about ten minutes stood in the middle of times square saying, "free hugs, free hugs." Noah was so cute. So cute that tons of people were staring, hesitating wondering if they should hug him or not. I can tell that most of the people were tourists, and I didn't mind strangers giving him a hug. Some even wanted to take a picture with him. I recorded a snippet on my phone of Noah shouting out for free hugs, and you can watch it here. 
Sierra was also a sweetheart in holding the sign, and people were giving her hugs as well. They were both such great sports in doing this good deed. 
I loved seeing the Light of the World sign in the middle of times square. It was the perfect place to put it throughout the holidays especially with how crazy this city is! 
We continued to walk around taking pictures, but then I got the call from Jon saying that he's taking the train home and for us to pick him up. We quickly boarded the train back to Jersey, and that was a joke. I have to be honest. Although the train can be cost effective to some extent, I'd rather drive to the city. I hate having to rush to Penn station hoping we make the train ride home in time! It's so much easier for me to just get in my car, and drive.
Sierra ended up leaving later on that night back to utah. Our time spent with her was...interesting. We hadn't seen her in almost a year, and I'm glad she made the effort to come visit, and spend a few days with us. I would have liked for her to stay a bit longer so we could bond a bit more, and so she could have spent more time with her dad. Jon worked almost 70 hours the week she was here so he didn't get to spend too much time with her. One thing I am grateful for is that he took her out on a dinner date, and it sounded like they had a great time catching up while eating indian food. All is well, and we are all grateful that Sierra made it out here for a quick visit. Time spent with her was pretty great, and it was so nice to see her again after 11 months. Her siblings sure love her a lot, and we all look forward to seeing her again.



No comments:

Post a Comment