REPLY

Monday, June 3, 2019

Embracing The Garden State!

If the grass looks greener on the other side
Stop staring. 
Stop comparing. 
Stop complaining. 
Start watering the grass you are standing on. 

I stumbled upon this quote and I cannot begin to tell you how true this is! I would love to write a whole detailed post as to how so many of us compare our lives to others, and although I feel as if I don't really compare myself to other people, I do, however compare the states we have lived in. We have moved so much in our life due to job transfers, and job loss, but I feel as if we have found our place in this world...at least for now. I'm finally coming to terms that Jersey may be the place where we will stay at least until the kids graduate. 

Chelsea was six in this photo, and practically raised in Jersey. She was two when we moved here, and since she and Noah are the last two kids left in the house (sniff, sniff tear) have realized that maybe we should stay put in New Jersey and continue to grow roots here. We have been living here for 11 years now, and as much as I would love to live in a seaside New England town, move back to North Carolina, or live in the burbs of New York I am learning to embrace the garden state, but luckily we have our quaint, sweet apartment to come home to where we can forget about the stresses of life, and feel the happy spirit that dwells within the walls of our home. 

Here's to hopefully staying in the 12th home we've lived in, and to embrace the garden state with more joy. I have to admit that it literally grows on you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment