REPLY

Friday, February 11, 2022

Date Nights In Our Fifties...

Lately our date nights have been low key chill. We've gone to the movies, been on simple dates in the city, and even went to a quaint concert at Wellmont theatre which featured two amazing singers telling the Simon and Garfunkel story while they sang their songs! And to tell you the truth those are the best dates! 

In all honesty I sort of look forward till the day Jon retires. He literally works six days a week from morning until late evening. At least we have early Saturday nights to go on dates and Sundays as a family to be together. I am grateful for any little time we have as a family and you better believe I rely on those vacation days to come up so that we can have uninterrupted time as a family. Jon has started to take the kids out on dates as well. These kids of ours are getting older by the day and he realized that it's important to spend one on one time with them. I have sacrificed some of our Saturday nights so that Noah and Chelsea can spend time with him. And I'm okay with that because eventually it'll be my turn. I see a difference in the three of them when they spend one on one time with each other. It really is good for our children's mental health to have that time with their dad. I spend time with them everyday and always have little individual lunch dates with them and I know that they really enjoy that. Dating your spouse as well as your kiddos is the key to great communication and a happier group of kids and marriage. I hope that we can continue to do this until they are grown and on their own. And that Jon and I will continue to date until we are wrinkly, super old, and super grey with no hair! LOL! 







No comments:

Post a Comment