REPLY

Monday, February 21, 2022

President's Day In Washington D.C.

 

This past weekend we took a spontaneous road trip to D.C. to remember our past presidents for all their efforts and hard work in doing what they did for our country during their time as president. We've been coming here since before Noah was born and this spot never gets old. No matter how many times we have visited the Lincoln memorial our thoughts, (at least mine) are always different. The older I get the more I appreciate our nations history and I hope that these kids grow up they will appreciate it just as much as I do. Jon is an avid history buff and he knows so much about our past presidents. He should have been a history professor. I love how he engages with the kids when they have a question about the historical places we've been too. Whether they are in regards to our pioneer heritage, our church, or the civil war Jon is there to answer them. I am bias and I have to say that Abraham Lincoln is one of my favorites. The fact that he abolished slavery was grand and I'm so thankful that he made that happen! Now for a few photos from our day...







No comments:

Post a Comment