REPLY

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Regina In Brooklyn!

With all the moving, and unpacking we did in the past 15 days I can't believe that we still managed to get some time in for the small and simple things. Well, not that small, but having gone to see Regina Spektor in concert with Lexie was a huge deal for her, and we had so much fun. One thing I learned after attending her concert at a "standing only" venue is that I can't stand for long periods of time! Maybe I'm weak in the knees, or the fact that I carried four babies caused me to have sciatic pain, but nonetheless I endured, and stood until the encore! I would rather watch her at Radio city, or any other venue where I can sit the whole time!

Brooklyn Steel is the most hipster place I've ever been to, and we loved it. You can watch a few snippets of her singing here.  
The dynamic of this concert at Brooklyn Steel was indeed different from the one at Radio City. Partially because Brooklyn and Manhattan are totally two different types of crowds, and it was fun to have experienced both! Regina was talkative, and sweet as ever. She always interacts with her audience, and is so cute! I love her, and her lyrics! She truly is the female version of Paul Simon! I hope that she continues to write, and inspire because I will never grow weary of her voice! 
It was a night to never be forgotten for this was the last major event spent with Lexie in the city before she leaves for school. She starts college in Utah next month, and she will be missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment