REPLY

Monday, March 13, 2017

Regina At Radio City!

Six years ago when I was watching Beastly with my oldest daughter Sierra, I couldn't help, but to pause the dvd, and seriously hear the voice of Regina Spektor. I didn't know who she was, but boy did the song "On the Radio" catch my ears! I was mesmerized by not only her voice, but most of all her words. I immediately fell in love with her music, and most of her songs resonated with me in some way. Living in a new state with three girls, and having a new baby wasn't too easy for me.
The first two years of living in Jersey were the hardest, and when I began to listen to Regina's songs life living in Jersey became more tolerable, and somewhat easier. Music plays such an important role in my life, and I absolutely cannot imaging my world without it. I may not carry a tune when I sing, and may not play an instrument (unless you count the harmonica, and tambourine), but oh, do I love having music played, and sung around my home. My daughters are proof that music calms the soul, and helps you escape from all the chaos that the world can bring. They also have fun with it, and I am so grateful to have a musical family who loves to make, and play music. When the kids play piano, and the violin I see it in their face how much they are at peace. I love that look, and the feeling they bring when I hear them play. It's the same with any artist. Whether you listen to them on the radio, or live in concert there's something about their words,  and the sound of an orchestra, that brings you calmness, joy, and relaxation. 
Regina came into my life at the right time, and her words are so profound, and powerful. I recorded a snippet from one of my favorite songs from the concert here. She truly is an inspiration, and I'm so grateful that Jon and I had the opportunity to finally see her live. And if you haven't seen her in concert you need to make the time! I have already decided to bring my daughters with me next time she comes! She's such an amazing artist, and I'm so grateful for all those musicians out there who work so hard at writing, and composing music. Music truly brings a euphoric feeling to the mind, and soul.
And I'm just so happy that I got to feel that again live, while listening to Regina. 

Happy Monday folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment