REPLY

Friday, February 28, 2020

WONDERSPACES in Philadelphia!


Last week Lexie and I went on a girls day out and spent the day in Philly where we got to experience Wonderspaces. We love going to art exhibits like this and since she loves art, and won't be doing any kind of outings like this on her mission wanted to treat her to a nice relaxing day filled with "wonder spaces!"

It is always so relaxing, and peaceful to go to art shows like this. The work behind it is interesting, and extremely creative. I love the titles behind each art piece. I captured a few photos but these pictures don't do it justice. You have to see this in person. 

This here is called Submergence by Squidsoup. I love all the lights and the music that was played while they were lighting in sequence. We mostly sat through the whole thing, but went for round two where I stood up and took a couple of photos. 
This here is called Submergence by Squidsoup. I love all the lights and the music that was played while in sequence. We mostly sat through the whole thing, but went for round two where I took a couple of shots. 
 Here we have Daydream which reminded me of the sound effects from the movie "The Ring." It was pretty cool to hear! 
"Black balloons" was emo but a pretty cool sight to see a bunch of balloons inflated. 
The virtual Dinner Party about the alien abduction of Betty and Barney Hill was freakishly cool to watch.
"Sweet Spot" that consists of just 24 colors in the thinnest string I've seen was unique and colorful to see. 
Body Paint was mesmerizing and fun to move around with. 
Same with "The Sun." You basically pick up the ball and as you move it the sun moves with it. Pretty cool. 
"The Last Word" was my absolute favorite. Maybe it's because of the writer in me, and all the things I would love to say to a lot of people on and offline. I love writing, and because of all the experiences I have learned and been through growing up gives me many opportunities to jot them down on paper. For the world, and for my own eyes to see. 
As the sign on the table read, "There are always things left unsaid. The perfect ending to a conversation with a stranger. A clever comeback in a debate with a colleague at work. A farewell bid to a loved one. Missed opportunities to get in the last word. What do you wish you had said? Now is the time to say it."

And I did! 

I did it twice and reading some of the last words from other participants that were already on the wall made me laugh. Some made me think, and even tear up a bit. There are a lot of writers on that wall with heartfelt words and loved every bit of this exhibit. Made me wonder, "why didn't I think of that?" Such a brilliant idea to get even young children involved. 
Wonderspaces in Philadelphia is truly a peaceful place to escape and witness the most unique culture of art. So glad we came! 

No comments:

Post a Comment