REPLY

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Maine In The Summer Of 2020.

Our summer vacations this year were absolutely nothing that we thought. Due to the 14-day quarantine requirements we decided to stay close to home and explore more of New England. Specifically Maine. We spent a few days in Nantucket in July and this month headed to the outskirts of Maine. There is so much to do in this part of the world and as much as I wanted to visit my mom and niece in Texas and sister in Florida those states are swarming with corona and with school starting soon didn't want to have us cooped up in the house for another quarantine. Going to Maine was the perfect getaway for us. The outdoors is something that we love and being that Jon is an eagle scout was excited to have gone to the LL Bean wilderness camp with Noah. It was really a cool camp and wish the boys would have stayed here forever. Chelsea was jealous and wishes that girls camp was held here. Or that we just lived here period! That could possibly be arranged but we drove everywhere from Portland to York to Freeport where the famous LL Bean boot resides. We shopped till we dropped, ate lobster rolls, and lots of ice cream and with an abundance of caution distanced ourselves from others. It was a nice little get away. Because I captured so many moments you can view many images on my Instagram. Here are a few photos from our trip....

Because I posted so many photos on my Instagram I'll just write a brief depiction behind the photo with a link that shows the IG post that way I don't have to repost all of the pictures on my blog. But first, SMOKEY! 
On the way to Maine on 95 there's a rest stop where Smokey the bear stands and every time we come here I have to get down and take a picture of Noah standing next to him. We've missed doing that the past couple of years to compare growth but I compared a photo of him from four years ago and today and oh my gosh has he grown taller! You can view those sets of photos here.
We shopped till we dropped in Freeport and the L.L. Bean flagship store is by far our favorite! 
Oh how we love the Nubble Lighthouse in York. It truly is one of our favorite lighthouses and every time we visit Maine this is a mandatory stop! Here's a little video of the sound of the ocean and you can view those sets of photos here. 
Portland is another favorite stop and this time we actually stayed until the sun set. It is so beautiful and I captured a moment in a video and you can watch it on my tiktok here, and see the rest of the photos here. 
Portland is another favorite stop and this time we actually stayed until the sun set. It is so beautiful and I captured a moment in a video and you can watch it on my tiktok here, and see the rest of the photos here. 
We also ate at Gilbert's Chowder House and had lobster rolls and clam chowder in a bread bowl and it was sooooooo good! Such a quaint place and you can see more pics of stuffing our faces here

Afterward we had some ice cream at the Ice cream dug out and since I'm a bit lactose intolerant took a couple of from everyones cones and the soft serve raspberry sorbet was my favorite! 
In all honesty I prefer 'Glamping' over camping and this spot was perfect! We love everything L.L. Bean and this wilderness location is the best. Perfect for those who go to scout camp. Chelsea wishes the church would have her girls camp here! You can view more pics of this wonderful place here.

Such a fun trip and we just love coming here every year. Throughout this covid-19 challenge we have managed to not let it run our lives. We venture out and have fun with this little crew that I have left. The kids love it, we love it, we have a grand time, and that's all that matters! 
Stay safe everyone and enjoy these last days in the summer of 2020! Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment