REPLY

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Second Chances

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. 
~Mary Engelbreit
Ringing in the new year should be a happy moment for us all. It is a time for new beginnings. It is a time for reflection. A second chance to fulfill the promises that we made to ourselves last year that we didn't get to accomplish this year. I know I have a lot to work on. I'll never gain perfection in this life, but I know that I can choose to be better. I always want to be smiling like my daughters (which I think I do), and not worry about the little things.

Sometimes starting a new year can be fearful, or fearless for a lot of people. We often wonder what is this year going to bring for us, and to the world. Those who love fashion wonder what trends are going to be in style. Some of us wonder if we are going to have any more terrorist attacks. One thing I've learned in church during discussions in Sunday school, or in a Relief Society meeting is that if we strive to live the best way we can in living a Christlike life...then we need not fear.

I don't want to be fearful about the future. I want to be fearless. I don't want to have to worry about the latest trends and fashions. I am my own designer! It shouldn't matter how the world behaves. What should matter is how we look at ourselves, and in the eyes of our children and to teach them that they can always be happy. I want them to know that resolutions can be accomplished, and that they have a chance each year to be better.


I hope that with each passing year we can look back, and reflect on how we behaved towards others, and how we can remedy the things in our life that we would like to fix. Hopefully we will reflect on the things that we read, said, blogged, or even wrote in a letter. Whether it was bold, good, happy, or sad...I hope that we can learn from the words of various writers.

My life is a resolution, and I want to always look at it in a positive manner. I want to feel invigorated and renewed. I know that if I just try to work on those things that are imperfect, at the end of each day I can say to myself, "At least I'm trying, I really am trying", and to never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment