REPLY

Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Solstice: A Day At The Carnival!

On the first day of summer we decided to check out our local carnival that is put on by St. Gregory Parish. Family carnivals like this remind me of the ones I went to when I was a kid. Admission was always free, and I could go ride all the rides twice, and get pumped up on sugar all for under 20 bucks. I'd go with my friends,and walk around deciding on which ride to get on next. It was our first time going here, and it did not disappoint. 

It's held every summer, and it's set up in a quaint section of town where every one knows your name except me of course because I've only lived here for two years, but Lexie and Chelsea saw a few of their peeps from school, and it was nice to have seen them again since graduation. 
The kids had a fun time for only being there for two hours. We could have been there all night, but had to get papa from work. All Noah wanted to do was play the duck game. This is similar to the one at Victorian Gardens in central park. You win every time, and are guaranteed a prize so Noah ended up choosing his favorite superhero...Spidey.
He was a happy camper. 
After winning his spider-man he stood in line with Chelsea waiting to ride the trapeze, He loves swings, and this is one of  his favorite rides.
They all filled themselves up with sugar which I didn't mind doing because we rarely go to amusement parks. We usually go to Coney Island every summer, and this is about the only time they all ear every kind of junk carnival food there is! You get the best of both worlds there. The beach and the park! 
The kids all had so much fun, and continued to ride a few more rides. The trapeze again...
Such a fun evening with these kids! I know they are going to miss Lexie when she leaves for college so we are going to take advantage, and do fun outings with her. 

And this is the simplest one yet. 

Summer is off to a great start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment