REPLY

Friday, March 22, 2019

Inspirational Thought.

"I used to feel guilty about idle moments. Time spent played out in the lawn chair, staring at the sky, was time "wasted." A walk in the woods with a friend and her dog meant that I wouldn't get my aerobic workout for the day. When Henry, at three, wanted to hear the same story every day for a month and have the same conversation about it every time, I could not help thinking about the stack of unread library books that was gathering dust in the meantime. 

But I have come to believe that all of these activities are essential. They are what is meant by "nurturing." Our children do not need any more possessions to be happy; they need only to feel sure that they possess our hearts, our attention, our acceptance of who they are."

-Katrina Kenison



No comments:

Post a Comment