REPLY

Friday, January 10, 2020

A Few Highlights From December 2019!

Even though a new decade has begun I'm going to rewind a bit and share a few highlights from Christmas that didn't make it to the blog in December. I love every single moment I capture with my family, and I'm beginning to slow down even more on the whole blogging thing. I love to write, and share stories and because Instagram is a lifesaver for me right now feel that it's a lot easier to share snippets of our life on the daily or on a weekly basis on that platform. So if I'm not consistent on blogging you'll know why. Check my Instagram for shorter posts since I have a feeling I'll be on there more often this year and decade than sharing on my little blog! 

Christmas is my favorite time of year especially in New York City which is why we frequent there all year long! Living close to the city gives us many opportunities to venture out and see what's new to see and do. We have never been to the Seaport District during the holidays but the tree there was huge and oh so invitingly beautiful! 
The stars at Columbus Circle is a must every time we go to the mall. I love how they change colors and how they have music playing as they turn. 
The light the world vending machine has become tradition ever since we found out that there is one outside the Manhattan temple. The kids love serving in that way cause they get to choose what they want to buy, and it's simple and sweet way to serve! 
The Plaza is decorated so beautifully around the holidays. The large Christmas wreath outside is perfect for a photo, and Noah and I have had our picture taken there for a few years now! It'll pretty much be a tradition until he no longer wants to take pictures! Gosh I hope that never happens!
Visiting Santa Claus at Bergdorf Goodman for the first time was a hit, and a simple and sweet stop to make while window shopping down 5th avenue. Very friendly staff, and Santa! 
One of my favorite moments in the life of having a child who still attends elementary school are the seasonal parties. Being a room parent at Noah's school all these years has been a favorite, and I know I will miss these moments once he enters middle school. I still have one more year to enjoy and plan parties while he's still in elementary school! 
Jon and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in the city and had a grand time. Even the simple moments such as going for a walk down Pier 17 is the best, and eating at a not so fancy restaurant is the best!
Miles continues to return to our home every Christmas and not sure when he's going to retire. He may wait until Noah is much older to reveal himself and tell Noah all about his "elf on the shelf" life. Time will come soon enough for him to do so, but for now I'm grateful that he's a simple elf that is not mischievous who doesn't ask for too much! It's also sweet how Noah absolutely still believes in him! 
Going to Times square the night before New Years wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Crowds are always going to be there, and the tourists are always going to come, but boy was it a crazy, crazy time to go. So energetic and even louder! Not sure if we will ever stand for hours and hours standing waiting for the ball to drop on New Year's eve, but it was nice going the day before just to imagine it, and take it all in! 
Love this peace sign that creative hatch studio in Chelsea decorates every season. We've already taken photos of the peace sign in the spring, fall and now winter! So creative!  
The angel tree at the Met has become a one of my favorite decorated trees, and a must see during the holidays! 
Louis Vuitton at it's best with their decorated building on fifth avenue!
Noah's first Santa visit was at our church party. I loved the black and white effect cause it reminds me of old movies. Particularly It's A Wonderful Life which is my all time favorite must see Christmas movie. I feel as if he's getting a little too tall to sit on Santa's lap! 
Christmas this year was simple and sweet and can't believe we are in a new year let alone a new decade! I pray more more fun, yet simple christmases like this where stress is at an all time low, and the kids are grateful and joyful! 
And last but not least, our Christmas photo. It was taken in August before Lexie flew back to college. Sierra couldn't make it home for family photos but if you are on my mailing list for cards you'll see that I printed a picture of her on the back. We wish she would have been in this photo, but there's always next year! 

Hope y'all enjoyed my little recap of our life in pictures from December and that you will continue to read and hopefully be inspired by my musings. I really do appreciate those who continue to follow this little blog of mine!  






No comments:

Post a Comment