REPLY

Monday, April 2, 2012

Families can be together forever...

Three questions were asked during the first session of general conference this past Sunday:

Where do we come from?
Why are we here?
Where do we go from here?

Well...ever since I was a little girl I always knew I came from a good place called heaven. I just didn't know the logistics of it. When I was in my teens growing up I was searching for a greater happiness in my life. I didn't know exactly where I was headed, or what my place was in this world, but I thought that if I prayed hard enough some deity will direct me. All I knew is that I needed to better myself, get away from all the heartache that I endured as a young child, and get a new life. It wasn't until I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is when I realized there is a Savior that died for my sins who loves me, and that there is a purpose for living. 

Death is inevitable, and sooner or later we are all going to have to face it. Whether it's our own, or someone we love. It is something that we don't ever want to happen, but we can certainly prepare for it. How do you prepare a death you may ask? By knowing Heavenly Father's plan which is the plan of salvation. 

Some of us feel that once we die that's it. It's over. Finito. We are separated from our loved ones forever. That is not true...at least for me it isn't. There is life after death, and that is...

eternal life. 

One of my sweetest friends lost her baby boy last week due to a high fever along with other complications. He had other medical issues, but this time his poor little body couldn't take it anymore. In the short six months of baby John's life I know that he brought so much joy to his mother and father. He was the sweetest baby I knew. He had deep blue eyes in which you'd get lost in while holding him. He felt so fragile, and had such a soft disposition. Both of my daughters had the opportunity to tend to him, hold him, feed him, and just cuddle with him. It was a shock for us to have heard of his short, untimely death. 

One thing I do know is that this sweet baby boy has returned back to His Heavenly Father, and is reunited with loved ones. I know that he is looking down at his mommy and daddy from heaven, and appreciating all the love that they gave to him. I know that he is going to remember those that treated his parents with kindness, love, and unconditional acceptance. I know that he is a happy little boy no longer suffering from any kind of pain.

Not many of you may believe this, but we all have a chance to return back to our Father in Heaven, and Eliza will have the chance to raise her son in heaven. We must make the choice though in striving our very best to choose the right path. She has a chance, and so will everyone else who has lost a child. 

The plan of salvation gives us the opportunity to return back to the Lord, and reign with Him. I am grateful for the restored gospel, and for the peace and comfort that it brings into our lives through trying times. All we need to do is to prove ourselves, and do the best that we can to remain worthy while in this mortal existence.

One thing for sure is that once our work is done here on this earth, and if all is well...we will have a chance to see our loved ones again. That my friends I know to be true, and if you'd like to find out more about that plan...contact the LDS missionaries. They would love to tell you more! You can even send me a message as well.

"I have a family here on earth
they are so good to me
I want to share my life with them 
through all eternity.

Families can be together forever
through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
and the Lord has shown me how I can
The Lord has shown me how I can."
~Ruth M. Gardner

3 comments:

  1. But what if you do not prove yourself? If you are not able to keep choosing the right path? What if you do not do your best always? That is so much pressure! So much relies on you...for me, this does not sound like very good news. I am glad for you that it seems like good news to you though. Please know I am not criticizing your choice of faith; just observing my thoughts as an outsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will all have a chance to prove ourselves even after this life. We are all held accountable for our actions. God is a perfect judge, and He knows no one is perfect. We will all have a chance Tammy...we will all have a chance. I know this to be true. I appreciate your rebuttal, and I don't take anything personally. Believe me, in the 19 years of being a member...I've learned to never take anything personal! I've learned and grown so much throughout striving to live a life of Christ. I honestly feel no pressure because I've chosen to choose the right. After everything I have endured in my life...I am forever grateful that I am a member of the LDS church. I'm grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for me. All I know to do is do the best I can on this earth in raising my children, and being a kind human being. After all...this life is only temporary. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy...note after I wrote "prove ourselves"...I also wrote "do the best that you can". We don't have to be perfect to return back to Heavenly father's presence. Just do the best you can in living a good life. That's all...no pressure :) Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete