REPLY

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Tender Temple Moments And The Joy It Brings!

 

Going to the temple with my family truly brings me joy. I didn't realize how much joy it brought until I recently attended with Lexie while she was visiting - twice! I mean, I've gone so much in the past but as I get older and as I watch my kids grow older going to the temple brings a different meaning every time. 

Each time I go my will to become a better and more loving person becomes stronger. I feel a big difference in my life when I've been absent from the temple for so long. I seem to become more short in temper and impatient. I know that's part of life-being human and all but there should be limits as to how we treat people. Especially our own kin. No one deserves nasty text messages or emails. Especially when one doesn't know what's happening behind closed doors. It saddens me that the ones I love have done that. No one deserves that! So I plead with those who read this post to rethink what you write or text before you send it off. Rethink about the things in your life that you have done. Picture how you would feel if someone sent something so nasty to you that it causes anxiety to the point that they don't trust you or want to have anything to do with you. Whether its family or a friend- please treat each other with kindness. Not everyone is going to like each other and I get that but we all deserve some level of respect. 
So for me- having complete trust in God and attending the temple helps me to resist the evils of this world. We have the choice to allow how things affect us. And for me - I choose joy. Not toxicity or negativity. None of us need that. 

So happy to have had Lexie with us for the past three weeks and that we were able to take time to go to the temple. She leaves in two days and believe me she's going to be missed-especially by her siblings. 

If you have any questions or want to know more about the joy that has comes into my life please email me or reach out to the missionaries from our church. Both my husband and my daughter served full time missions and it truly was the best thing they both did in their lives. For Lexie she loved focusing on others rather than herself. She truly was loved by those she met.  Same with Jon. 30 years later and he says he misses the people whose lives were changed by the gospel in his mission! It may not work for everyone but because I sincerely wanted change and chose to have God in my life it has worked for me. Even 30 years later! 

Now for some temple moments that I will treasure forever...





No comments:

Post a Comment