REPLY

Saturday, August 13, 2022

The "Hogwarts" Of NYC - The College Of New York.


While I was in high school I did not look into colleges. I wasn't encouraged nor did I have the means to look at any. No car. No support. Emotionally that is. I didn't graduate high school which is one of the major reasons why I never bothered. My mother dropped out of high school at a very young age and although she tried to complete nursing school in her 40's never succeeded. I suppose that's okay because we all have different paths and shouldn't put the blame on our parents as to why we didn't graduate college. Heck, I don't even know if my father is still alive. I was six when he left us so...there. No need to get into great detail about him because I don't know a lot about him. So going to colleges (even though it scares the heck out of Chelsea) is something that's important to me. And I hope that she will realize how important it is for her to check them out. 

Last week we stopped by this gorgeous college in the city and it totally reminded us of Hogwarts. It was the coolest college. It's not too big and in a fairly good part of the city. How nice it would be if one of my youngest two can attend here but depending on what they want to do with their life will have to look into it. Thank goodness for scholarships cause college doesn't come cheap. Wherever my two youngest kids decide to do with their lives and where to go to school is their business. Chelsea is in her senior year of HS and I hope that she will eventually "figure it out." There is always hope and I have faith that she will. Just as I do with my almost 13 year old. Time flies and before we know it he will be looking into schools. He seems more motivated than Chelsea did when we got down to explore this college. But it's ok. Like I mentioned-she'll figure it out. 

But oh look how beautiful this building is. The architecture is exquisite! Although attends college in Utah she had fun exploring this college. I even did a little reel of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment