REPLY

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Georgetown.

I've never really actually stopped and gotten down to walk the streets of Georgetown where they have so many shops, and delicious places to eat. We drove through there one time like seven years ago I think. I remember the first time I watched this movie, and how my dream was to fulfill a "college life" just like the characters in the film...without the partying of course. Now that I have a kid heading to college in the fall, and a thirteen year old whose mind is so focused on anything that has words in it or strings on it motivates me to continue to go out and take them out to explore our surrounding areas in the tristates, and tour different universities. Hey...it's never too early to start them out young right?

Alexandra already has two colleges she'll be applying to in five years...Harvard, and now Georgetown. Just as Sierra fell in love with Julliard when we first took her to New York city when she was five, Lexie fell in love with Harvard when we first went by the university. She was eight years old. Her goal...medical school. Since we moved to the east she has had a fixation on colleges. What eight year old has a focus on wanting to go one of the most competitive Ivy league schools in the country! Now that I have seen how focused Lexie is on her academics, and in just being a beautiful example to everyone she meets I believe that she can do it. Just as I believed that Sierra can also attend one of the greatest art schools in the country.

On our way home from picking up Sierra from EFY we decided to stop at Georgetown, and have a taste of this quaint, old college town.

I absolutely loved it! We absolutely loved it! The minute we drove through the university, and got down to walk inside Lexie was like, "I'm applying here." Sierra said, "Mom, I'm going to be visiting Lexie when she attends here." I tell you hearing words like that coming out of my children's mouth makes me one happy mom. Makes me realize that I am doing something right with these girls, and that I'm not screwing it up!

So on this day we had too much fun. Way too much. With so little time on our hands to cover this past weekend in D.C. and driving to and from Virginia was worth all those hours sitting in the van. And all the depictions of photos that your about to see was so needed after spending those endless hours in the car...without air condition! 

The first thing we did was stop by the university, and it is gorgeous!
We didn't care how hot it was. We managed to walk through the town, and I just love the architecture of the shops on M street as well as the row houses. Those row houses are to die for! When I watched St. Elmo's Fire for the first time I always imagined what it would be like to live in those. They are dreamy! 
Although I've heard that Georgetown cupcake is the greatest I didn't feel like standing in line for hours! So instead we decided to have... 
This...

We cooled off with some yogurt from Pinkberry. Gotta have those toppings, and it was delicious!
The fountains! 

This is every kids happiness, and so many of them dominated the area...including my daughter. Just see watch them here.
She made a friend too...Camilla from Venezuela.
This is the part where I thank mother nature for heat and humidity because without her we wouldn't have these glorious fountains to cool ourselves off with! We had too much fun! Too bad we didn't bring our bathing suits. I only packed the littles theirs.
Watching all these kids having fun made me want to get in there with them. I didn't care if I didn't have a suit. When the heat index in D.C. is 100 degrees I don't think it matters whether your clothed or naked, but...we kept our clothes on! I had so much fun running under the fountains with my Noah. At first he was a little timid of the water, but after looking at his sisters being brave jumping and running through the fountains he went for it...with me! 
And we had the best time of our lives! 

Now...This was the icing on the cake, and the perfect end to our day in Georgetown...especially for the kids. 


There were so many other things I wanted to explore in this old college town, but exploring the streets & shops of Georgetown, and playing in the fountains was good enough for our family. 
Good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment