REPLY

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

new york public library.

Let's be honest.

This summer has been a blah for reading on my behalf, and I feel terrible. Blame it on spending more time on the final preparations getting Sierra ready for college, having family visit, the fact that we might be moving again, and that my concentration is solely on making sure that my kids are number one in my life, and that they are all doing well. Still...reading helps me escape in many ways, and soothes my brain. I miss it, and after going to the NYPL I'm going to at least finish one book before the end of summer!! 

Lexie and Sierra continue to read faster than lightening, and Chelsea gets more motivated when she sees them with books. 

I have so many books listed on Goodreads, but have yet to finish the one I was reading. I currently have my eye on this one at the moment. I have a love for young adult fiction (blame it on my teenage girls.) Sierra is currently reading Dante's Inferno, and Lexie is reading The Kite Runner, wait...A Thousand Splendid Suns, oh... she finished that one, Davinci Code, what, already! Not only does this girl have laser focus, but she reminds me a little bit of Dr. Spencer Reid when it comes to reading. Seriously, that girl can read the Harry Potter Series in a week! She did read them all in a week, and has reread them three times already this year!

Because of her my motivation for reading keeps increasing. Chelsea would rather go outside & play in the pool or park, but for the most part she does have an interest in reading. We have a few books on the list that we are getting, and she gets excited whenever we go to Barnes and Noble, or to our local library to check out books.

She is currently reading Mandy, and it's perfect for her.

When we went to visit the New York Public Library recently she was floored! First of all she said to me, "this is the same room like in that movie with the ice age storm." I fell in love with this library, and I'm telling you if we lived here we would be here almost every day.
The children's reading room is a good size room where you can take your young children and sit for hours reading to them. It's so cozy, and there are so many books!
The Rose Reading room is amazing. I can tell this area can get pretty packed quick. We were lucky to have found an empty seat! 
There is a "laptop room" and although the room looked a little plain the paintings on the wall made it beautiful.
Chelsea spotted George Washington in a second! 
This library is my absolute favorite, and there are times when I wish I was a "real" librarian so I can broaden my mind with the knowledge in all kinds of rare books, history, and every kind of book from fiction to biographies.
It truly is a beautiful library with timeless artwork. I feel right at home when we entered inside. Every new yorker is so lucky to have this library in their backyard, and I sure hope they don't take it for granted!

**Have you done any summer reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment