REPLY

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Middle School 1st Annual Talent Show '14

Last week Lexie's middle school put on a talent show that consisted of dancing, singing, piano playing, and more singing! This is the first time the school has done a talent show where they were awarded a cash prize. Lexie was excited to have participated along with her pal Alicia who paired up with her to sing "Sweater Weather" by the band The Neighbourhood. I am surprised that the song "Let it Go" from the popular movie Frozen was only sang once. Then again I don't think that contestants can duplicate another persons choice of song. 

For weeks Lexie and Alicia have been waiting for this moment, and even though they didn't practice as much as they wanted to they did phenomenal. Unfortunately they didn't place, and in my opinion (among numerous others including teachers who will remain anonymous) agreed with me. However everyone did such a wonderful job. 
^^^ paparazzi with iPhones ^^^
Oh my gosh...the talents our kids have today! I was blown away by some of their performances. I had to take a picture of these group of kids who were like paparazzi recording the lovely Maya who sang "Dark Side". So impressed with kids today on their talents, and how some of them are involved with music. 


I was not involved in anything that involved "major talent" (not sure if you count winning the spelling bee in 5th grade is a talent) until I was in my 10th grade year of high school. I'm just so grateful for the open mind that I had in deciding to have my girls take piano lessons. I wish my mother had the means to do that when I was their age, but it was not feasible...like at all! To be musically inclined is indeed a blessing, and sometimes a god-given talent. Lexie only took piano lessons for three years, and has never had voice lessons. Her forte is the violin, and I'm just so pleased that she has the desire to teach herself to get better on the piano. I wish I could afford for all my children (including myself) to take all the lessons in the world with multiple instruments, but I'm grateful for what the Lord has blessed them with. The sacrifices we make as parents to have our kids take music lessons, or be in any sport is a huge blessing. 



The girls performance was exceptional and well received. I'm just so bummed that my video got cut off due to my phone running out of storage! Luckily I recorded most of the performance, and that it's a clear sound & picture of my girl playing and singing. If you're my friend on Facebook there is another video on my timeline filmed in its entirety which I borrowed from my buddy Chuck. 


It was a great evening, and we really enjoyed the talent show. All i know is that no matter what these kids decide to do in four years after graduating high school they all have a voice, an act, and a talent that they can share no matter where they go. They were all very brave in participating, and all did an amazing job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment