REPLY

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

life lately with sick kids.

I am not used to sick kids...like at all! I am always grateful when Jon is around to calm me down, and take over when I start to freak out. I am reminded of a scene from Terms of Endearment when the parents come home from a date, and Shirley Mcclaine walks in and practically climbs into her child's crib to make sure her baby's breathing! While she's doing this her husband is saying, "she's asleep Aurora." For god's sake Aurora, she's asleep!" Or heaven forbid acting like her in this dramatic scene when her daughter becomes ill with cancer. I always get a kick out of those scenes every time I watch it. Well....my life certainly isn't like the movies, but I can assure you that I can be kind of like Aurora every time I feel one of my children isn't doing so well. 

We have been very blessed this winter with no one getting sick...until now! Why, oh why do my kids have to get sick. I myself have caught myself catching a cold, and sneezing every now and then, but I immediately take medicine, and try not to stress so that my cold doesn't go into full mode. I've been really blessed with a strong immune system this winter, and that I haven't gotten sick. Still...that doesn't mean that I won't ever get sick. I truly believe that Heavenly Father is looking out for Jon and I who both can't afford to get sick especially at this time with all the sickness going around so that we can help each other out to tend to our sick children. 

Jon is such a good sport when the puking begins, and when that happens I immediately hand Noah over to him. My heart can't take it when he starts throwing up. I begin to cringe, and cry. Funny how I can clean up the puke, but I can't take it when his little body begins to shiver due to barfing.

Chelsea has been tough and strong, and this is the first time she's ever gotten sick. She missed two days of school for the first time this year, and has always fought the battle of overcoming severe sickness. But when you have other people's kids coming to school sick it's hard not to avoid it...especially when you have one sitting right next to you. Poor Chelsea...luckily she's feeling better, but I wish that these kids would stay home when they're sick! I know that some of the parents can't help it because they both work, or some of them are single parents, and can't afford to call in for work, but I really wish there was a way where parents can keep there kids home when they're sick. It's dangerous, and scary when a sick kid comes to school because you never know the extent of their illness. I just pray that all those sick kids get well, and that their folks advise their kids to always wash their hands, and cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze. Something that kids don't do in class...according to Chelsea, hence her getting sick. 

Luckily Lexie's cold didn't last very long (sorry no pic). It's a good thing because she's going to be singing, and playing the piano for the talent show at her school tomorrow! I honestly believe that the Lord is looking out for her as well because of all the things she's involved with in and outside of school. 

Each day has gotten better and better for them especially when the sun is shining. We take each day as it comes with hope for a better tomorrow. 
Now if only winter can officially be over so that Spring can officially begin! I love seeing the kids happy...especially little Noah with a smile so big! 

No comments:

Post a Comment