REPLY

Friday, March 7, 2014

Geno's on a cold day in Philly.

I have been really surprising myself lately by getting up in the morning, and getting ready for the day to snap out of the "winter blues" because lets be honest...as much as I love the snow I'm pretty much ready for spring! The winter blues can be a battle for most people, but I refuse to let any winter bring me down! I don't allow it to get the best of me by just lounging around in the house feeling melancholy. Noah truly is my motivator when it comes to the outdoors, and that is a plus when you have a very active boy. Sometimes we need a break from the monotony of being cooped up in the house watching movies, playing games, and getting away from the computer to spend quality time with our son. 
It had been a long time since we had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich...since like last summer when the above photo was taken. I never blogged about it then because see...and to be honest with you, it's not my favorite type of sandwich, but I know how much the hubs loves them and we decided to go to the one and only Geno's in Philly to satisfy our tummies. Cheesesteak sandwiches are definitely Philadelphia's comfort food, but not mine. I ended up having a pork sandwich. We were lucky to have not stood in line for a long time to get served, and even luckier to have parked right across the street where there was a nearby playground.
Noah definitely needed to let out some energy, and it didn't matter that it was 30 degrees outside. I personally have gotten used to the cold, and if you're bundled up with the right attire then you won't have a problem throughout the winter. 

Still...I am so ready for spring. It was nice having the park all to ourselves, but then I can see how Noah's reaction changes every time he sees another child entering the playground. I knew then at that moment how much he longed to play with another small person. 
Playgrounds in Philly are pretty much all the same. Spiced up with murals, and painted benches. This park was very convenient for the fact that it was right across the street from Geno's. Noah noticed the painted hands, and the heart on these benches. 

There are also some weird gadgets, but we managed to have fun on this twirly thingamajiggy, and Noah seemed to have enjoyed it.

The month of March has been treating us fairly, and in spite of all the hardships or "bad days" that we face seeking joy, and focusing on what makes our children happy is all that matters. Harsh winters doesn't stop me from the fact that I love spending time with this little guy, and my love for playgrounds in the city just keeps growing and growing. 

Happy weekend to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment