REPLY

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Museum Of Ancient Life At Thanksgiving Point.


One of my favorite places I frequented often while living in Utah was a place called Thanksgiving point. It was a place where they had stores including one that sold a ton of Mary Englebreit decorations. It had a country feel to it. It was a place where I could go to just browse, and get ideas for our little apartment back when I had two kids. It was a place where my girls loved going to get away from the city. The drive was always a peaceful one, and since we were on our way to Provo to take Lexie to her dorm decided to stop on the way to check it out.

The last time I was here was 12 years ago, and boy has it changed. There are no more stores inside the building (insert frown face here.) For someone who likes change, I certainly didn't like this one, but I managed to accept it, and because it converted into a dinosaur museum decided to forgive them for changing one of my favorite spots to shop into a history lesson. 
Ever since we introduced Noah to the Jurassic Park movies up until the newest one which is Jurassic World he has had a dinosaur obsession. He's loved Dino's since he was a toddler, and till this day continues to play with them in battle between transformers, and King Kong. 
He has also become obsessed with sharks! I think taking him to see The Meg a while back got him even more obsessed with every kind of shark that's out in the ocean. Even after watching JAWS over the summer he still goes in the water. He's either brave or he knows that those movies are over exaggerated. Smart kid either way, but we had a great morning that day learning all about fossils, and sharks from way back then. 
And now for some more photos....








Noah was fascinated by this ginormous sea turtle! 
In spite of the changes at Thanksgiving Point it truly is a great place to visit, and I'm so glad I stopped by and go down memory lane with all the changes that have been made. This museum is one for kids, and adults to enjoy, and get educated in paleontology! 


No comments:

Post a Comment