REPLY

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Go Yankees!

A couple of weeks ago we did something that we've been wanting to do since we moved to the east, and well we finally did it! We went to a Yankees game, and boy did we have the time of our life for those four and a half short hours! 


I posted a few pics on Instagram last week, but because I'm putting a book together for my kids had to document it on my little blog. Noah had so much fun! Now that he's older he had so many questions about the game and was constantly asking Jon about the scoreboard, and what stats and averages mean. He became pretty educated in the life of baseball that evening, and I'm so glad that Jon was able to answer them. I am not a baseball aficionado so I myself am not familiar with said questions, but I do love the Yankees, and like a good game. Just going with people you love makes the time more fun. I mean, you don't even have to know anything about baseball, and what the jargon means. Just venturing out with my crew makes me so happy, and the fact that we had 10 dollar seats made me even happier! The view wasn't too bad either! 
I've had these binoculars for almost 20 years and they are still in good shape! I bought them at a tj maxx store to take whenever I went to concerts, and plays, and they were mighty useful back then. I passed them on down to Noah, and now he takes them everywhere. On walks, to museums, broadway shows, to the park, and now baseball games. He loves them, and it's so sweet to watch him use them with care, and for a purpose. If only I could see the world through his eyes! 
Yankee stadium is absolutely amazing, and in all honesty much better than the phillies stadium. No offense to those who are Phillies fans, but I am not, or never have been a Phillies fan. I may have lived in South Jersey for eight years, but just never got into them. Or the eagles! However, I am grateful to have taken Noah to see his first phillies game while living there, and to see my daughter play the national anthem with her band when she was in middle school. 

This moment was one of the funnest days of all our lives. I told my kids to make sure to write in their journal about this day, and to remember it because this is one of the first of many games that we are going to go to! 

Definitely making this a tradition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment