REPLY

Monday, December 5, 2011

Nostalgic Ornaments

Top Chelsea, left-Lexie, right-Sierra. 
These Mary Engelbreit ornaments are 11 years old. I first got into this graphic artist when Lexie was born in the year 2000. I remember going to Thanksgiving Point in Utah after Christmas in the year 2000, and clearing out all their M.E. ornaments, all right down to the stockings and the tree skirt. From that moment on I became a M.E. fanatic and every time I saw anything that was from M.E. I would immediately buy it. My mother in law even made curtains, bedding, and even a baby blanket from M.E. fabric for the girls. Till this day I still get a M.E. calendar for the girls room (and a desk one for me!)

I loved her style of ornaments because of her quotes and the art is so cute, and very girly! I became a lover of birds when I found these birdhouses...
and although we don't have any pets (yet) Scottie dogs are one of my favorites! 
 I particularly fell in love with this cute gingerbread man...
and I found this sweet angel and fairy holding a cupcake!
We moved so much in the early years of our marriage, and having this one really helped me adjust to every move.
 I also realized that no matter where we lived I had to make the best of it, and make my life cheerful not only for myself, but for the new friends and neighbors I was about to meet.
This is one one of my favorite quotes. 
Moving from state to state to state has taught so much in my life and with all that moving I learned to be more compassionate, loving, kind, and warm towards others. I also think the teapots are darling.
Out of all the ornaments this one is the most meaningful. 
I count my blessings every day, and although these ornaments don't resemble the Savior, I am grateful for His birth. I feel fortunate to have had a Christmas tree up every year since the day I got married in December. I still have these ornaments, and I am saving them for the girls. I'm happy to have shared this with you in hopes that y'all will save your mementos that have a significant meaning, and share it with future generations (if they last that long!)

Count your blessings and always remember the reason for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment