REPLY

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Apple Picking On The First Day of Fall!

Although I've had a nice break from blogging I have missed it. I have missed writing and sharing our adventures, and thoughts on motherhood, getting older, children growing up, and all about life with anyone who likes to read and look at pictures. Although I have an Instagram where I've captured our life in tiny squares it's nice to put all those tiny squares on a written post and write in prose as to what is happening behind the photo. 

I am going to do my best in catching up on my writing, and past adventures so my posts may be a bit backwards! I'll be writing different posts in between the things that have happened between the end of august until now! 
But first apple picking on the first day of Fall! 
So for the past ten years we've gone apple picking as a family. It is one of our favorite fall traditions, and even though our family has dwindled down to two we still make it a fun adventure, and one to never forget! 
Noah is getting older so he tends to get more picky while picking! Chelsea still tries to help him pick, but says he's a big kid now, and can pick apples on his own without any help. This is what makes our adventures more fun because with these two, there is never a dull moment! 
We love going to different orchards and because we live so close to different states drove to a farm in Connecticut which I will definitely give a thumbs up. Lyman orchards made our list of favorites, and if I ever live in Connecticut this is one farm that I will make sure to go to in the fall. 
Jon and the kids did most of the picking, and I just stood back and watched in denial while my memory took me back to all the times we went to the orchard when the kids were little. I can't believe how quickly they grow both in height, and maturity, but I'll tell you it's a wonderful thing to see especially when I see the joy on their faces when we do outings as a family. They're not sick of us yet! 

We also ate an apple in between, and took a selfie of my and my baby girl who is not so little anymore! 
...and captured Jon in an apple halo. 
I obviously took more photos of Noah. He's just the cutest boy, and the fact that he doesn't mind me taking photos of him motivates me to keep on snapping. I hope he'll never grow weary of me taking pictures of him! 
I've said this before but growing up I never did anything like this with my mom. Life for her was a struggle at times, and we never could do any major outings except go to the local park, and as I look back at my childhood that was good enough fun for me. My mom did her best in giving me a life of adventure, and even though I feel as if I'm giving my kids more makes me appreciate the time my mom took out of her busy little life to take my sister and I out to the playground. 
I'm so grateful to be able to make these memories with my kids, and I hope that they are ones they'll always remember because the memories my mom made for me, although simple, and small are the memories I'll never forget. 




No comments:

Post a Comment