REPLY

Friday, July 19, 2019

Beach Day With A Heat Wave!

These past couple of days have been pretty brutal with the warm weather we've been having but I have to admit that the past two days have been the most brutal. When we went to the beach this past Tuesday the heat wasn't so bad. It was a tolerable 90 degrees and comfortable enough to sit on the beach for hours without sweating as if you're in a sauna. I desperately wanted to go to the beach again today, and I would have had the kids not been invited to a movie, or if Lexie wasn't babysitting. It's okay because we need the rest, and stay indoors for a change. 

I did capture a few photos of the day we went to the beach this week. Lexie was at six flags with a few friends while it was just Chelsea, Noah and I on this day. It was such a fun moment for me as I pretty much played in the ocean with the kids the entire time! It wasn't until after we were completely done playing in the water, Chelsea took a few shots of me and Noah. I absolutely loved this day, and I'm so glad that we are having a screen-free summer so far. We don't have a game system at home and my girls don't have a smartphone so it's pretty easy to have a screen-free summer. Noah hasn't asked for my phone in a couple of days and it has a been a stress-free week! I totally kicked back and had fun on this day being a hands-free momma like it was 2006! 

And now for some photos...
I'm telling ya. Giving your full attention to your kids without looking at your phone truly made me happy. I notice the difference in my behavior when I don't have my phone, and when I do. I'm a much better human without it. Sure it's nice to have it to capture moments like these, but at the end of the day what matters is the time I gave my kids without saying, "I'll go in the water in a minute" or, "hang on Noah, have Chelsea go in with you." Oh no, these moments are for me, but mostly for my kids and I was so proud of myself for not uttering any kind of words like that to them! 

Have a wonderful weekend, and stay cool folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment