REPLY

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Hill Cumorah Pageant 2019.

For the past ten years since moving to the east our family has watched the Hill Cumorah pageant. As much as we love the story, and the message behind the Book of Mormon the pageant food is good too! My kids love the pageant potatoes, and walking around before the pageant starts to go on a prophet hunt. The pageant is a must-see performance that will incredibly touch the core of your heart, and I recommend coming to watch it in their final year which will be in 2020. 

I captured many, many moments in the two days we were here. We saw many familiar faces like the Pearsons from our area, and LDS author John Bytheway who we admire so much! This is our second time running into him here, and we feel as if we've known each other for a long time. 
Walking up to the Hill Cumorah is always fun, and gives me that energy boost, and the words "I think I can" stuck in my head helps me to reach to the top without running out of breath! I'm amazed at my stamina, and hope that I can still climb to the hill when I'm 70! 
The Palmyra temple is always a must when we come here. Whether it's to take a picture for posterity or finding the time to enter in to serve we love coming here. 



It never fails that every time we come here Noah loves to climb this tree. He's been doing this since he was five! 
The Sacred Grove is one of our favorite places. The peace that I feel is something that I wish I can hang on forever, but then we leave this sacred place and noise surrounds us again. I am so grateful to be reminded of what happened here with Joseph Smith and to take the gospel in seriousness where will help me find peace. If I can't come to the Sacred Grove on a daily, or weekly basis having the gospel of Jesus Christ by my side helps me to find that inner peace. 
Right before the pageant begins kids go on a prophet hunt. This year Lexie went with me to grab some food while Jon took Noah and Chelsea to find their favorite prophets and capture a photo with them. 

One of their favorites...Abinadi.

 My favorite king that went bad, but we still love him. Noah will always love King Noah. 
We love the pageant and it will be a shame to see it end. I am just so grateful that we never took it for granted. That we've come all these years to see it since my oldest was 12 (she's 24 now). It truly is a blessing and we are forever grateful for those who make the pageant possible, and for the members who participate in it have it be the most exciting, and spiritual event I've ever seen. 
Please save up, and take the time to come see it next year. It is money well spent, and you won't regret coming to it! 

You can see past blog posts from the pageant here, herehere, herehere, and here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment