REPLY

Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Only Missionary Who Was Waiting At The Curb At Newark Airport.

I know this is old news but I wanted to express how thankful I am that Lexie arrived home safe and sound last week. Even though she was rushed to leave the country from Mexico City it was nice knowing that she wasn't among the 1600 plus missionaries who arrived in Utah. I also count my blessings for not living in Utah (lived there experienced that) and that she and her companions were the only missionaries at LAX to switch planes and that she was the only missionary at the Newark airport to pick up! After reading this article on how sooooooooo many families in Salt Lake City were NOT waiting at the curb for their missionary but instead were allllllllll NOT practicing social distancing blew my mind! It didn't surprise me with that many missionary families did not follow protocol. I get that families were excited to greet and have their missionary home, and maybe they feel invincible from this virus but they really should have practiced caution. I only hope that none of those missionaries or their families got infected because of NOT social distancing and minding protocol. 

Anyway I'm just extremely grateful she didn't fly back alone throughout this chaos! She was telling me how happy she was to hear that she wasn't going to the airport alone. Heavenly Father is definitely in charge and knew that these three lovely hermanas were to stick together. Also grateful that we live in a place where we can appreciate so much and although I feel as if they should have had these sisters stay in Arizona where they are called to serve instead of sending her back here in Jersey where we are close to the epicenter... it's nice to have her home. 
Her time spent at the MTC with these peeps were the best and she misses them everyday. She truly is one of the most prepared missionaries I have ever met and I'm not saying that because she's my kid. I'm saying that because I see it in her actions on the choices she makes in her life and as a person who is truly willing to live like the Savior and serve Him. She is a great example to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment