REPLY

Friday, April 10, 2020

Released Over Conference Weekend.

The weekend of general conference will certainly be one to remember. Not only were the talks given amazing and inspiring, they were thought provoking. And the fact that our daughter was released from her mission that weekend is something that I'll never forget. I never thought that a global pandemic would disrupt the missionaries from furthering the work of The Lord. The day she called telling me she had to leave Mexico to return home to finish her training online was mind boggling.  Little did we know that those two weeks would turn into an unknown date as to when she will return to the mission field. All missionaries who came home from different countries were released that week and my heart was breaking for her knowing that her time to be released was coming.

She was released shortly before the first session began on Saturday morning. Jon and I sat with her quietly while her stake president was on the other end of the phone releasing her in the language she was learning. Tears streamed down her face as he was doing so and as they were talking tried hard to not make it sound as if she was. She told us afterward that she felt "that special spirit" leave as she was released. I will never forget her gaze as she looked at me telling me that "she'll be fine", and that this is happening for a reason. I felt for her, and those tears she shed is something that I'll always remember. She truly was ready to serve the Lord but now she has to wait. Wait until the chaos of Covid-19 calms down, or comes to an end. I know that God has a plan for her and all the missionaries that had to come home and alter their life of a missionary. She is aware of what will be will be. And when that point comes for her to return to be set apart as a missionary again, she'll be ready. 

"God our strength will be press forward ever called to serve our King."

No comments:

Post a Comment