REPLY

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Noah's first visit.

Today was Noah's first official visit to the dentist. He is a little over two years old now, and although his teeth look perfectly straight, white, and all in place...it was time for him to see Dr. Mirrione. Taking him to the dentist at this age gives me some reassurance that all his teeth are in place, and that there are no serious teeth issues. 

I've always taken all my children to the dentist since they were about two or three. I love my teeth. I love my children's teeth, and I want to make sure they are taking good care of them. So far none of my children have ever needed any major orthodontic surgery of any kind. No braces so far...knock on wood.

I don't think Noah had a clue as to where we were at. Although I think he might have had an inkling when I mentioned that mommy is going to get her teeth cleaned and then the doctor is going to have a look at yours afterwards. 

When I mention the word 'doctor' is when he looked a little nervous. He just grabbed a book, and began to look at it. 
Boys are so different when it comes to going to any doctor's office. They want to explore, and touch all the gadgets within their reach. He wouldn't sit still so I had to have him sit on my lap. My better half did his best in taking decent photos.
Dr. Mirrione did his best in checking his teeth while he was squirming. He counted 20 altogether. That of course explains his endless crying last week. His last two molars are coming in. 
For a moment Noah was cooperating, but then when he saw the gadget that has the small mirror on it he was not too happy. So Dr. Mirrione grabbed a toothbrush, and that definitely put a smile on Noah's face. He loves brushing his teeth on his own, but I need to make sure that he's doing it correctly so I usually finish the job in the end. 

Noah was so shy in taking his picture with Dr. Mirrione. In the end he was a good sport, and next time he goes back he will have a thorough cleaning. We love Dr. Mirrione and has been our dentist for almost four years now! He is so good with the girls, and immediately loved Noah! 

Oh...and his favorite part of the visit was taking home this really cool toothbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment