REPLY

Friday, September 24, 2021

Cheers To Fifty!


Today is my 50th birthday y'all! That's a half century of living on this earth! I am so grateful to be living another day. So thankful for my friends and family who constantly think of me not just on my special day but throughout the years. All the random "hello, how are you doing?" and "thinking of you" texts are always a sweet surprise. Something that we all need from time to time. Blessings to those who have such a friend and wonderful children who write the sweetest letters. Just hearing those words "happy birthday mom" come out of their mouth without having their dad remind them is music to my ears. Adding in hugs and kisses is a bonus and I'm especially grateful to have one of my children home with me all day while I celebrate. So happy to not be spending it alone. This weekend should be all about me but it never is because I just don't allow it. But I know that I will have a great time regardless of how I celebrate. With the kids at school all day and Jon working until 9 sucks but it's okay because like I mentioned, I'm glad to have at least one of my daughters spending my 50th year of my life with me today. 

And how about this awesome display at Tiffany's called the XXL BRONZE BOX installation! It's a collaboration with contemporary artist Daniel Arsham to create the bronze eroded Tiffany blue box. Pretty impressive. So futuristic and I love the piece he created in a rose gold. I felt like I was walking through a time machine! LOL! Not that I mind turning back the clock a few years but seriously though, I'm embracing my age with grace and grey hairs and all! Such a lovely display and perfect timing to have it on display during my birthday month! I'm especially happy to have gone to Tiffany's days before my 50th. Happy Birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment