REPLY

Monday, September 30, 2024

Remembering 9/11

Here we are on the last day of September and want to close the month with a little post in regards to 9/11. 23 years later and it's still gut wrenching to see these tribute lights. We have been going every year since moving to Jersey and every year I become more and more emotional. I blame it on getting older. I blame it on living so close to the city and how life is indeed very short-especially these days. It's bittersweet looking forward to this day as it falls on my birthday month. Paying tribute to those who lost their lives is my priority when the month begins. Sure I look forward to my special day and in doing fun things but what I love the most is remembering. Remembering 9/11 with my family. Remembering the first time I fell in love with New York city when we went for the first time in the year 2000. Remembering the first time we entered those twin towers with my then little family of four. Remembering all those who lost their lives and although it is painful for thousands of families it is also beautiful knowing that they will never be forgotten with these tribute lights. Even in death- this world can truly be beautiful if we view like that. So let us never forget and always remember this day and to continue to teach our posterity all about what happened in one of our favorite cites back on September 11, 2001.  




No comments:

Post a Comment