REPLY

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Love With A Happy Weekend.

Last summer I met this sweet couple at a nearby park and normally when there are other moms at the park with a small child Noah will immediately befriend them (he's not afraid) and of course that's my cue to start a conversation with them. First of all I love, love meeting people, talking about my family, and all the reasons that make me happy in this world. And those things that keep me happy in this world are...the gospel of Jesus Christ, my family, great friends, and God. I had an interesting conversation with them, and one thing that really opened my eyes when I was sharing my religion with them is the fact that her husband said to me, "One thing I've learned in all my years whenever I've gone to a church is that God is love...pure love. You can go to church every Sunday & serve, but what should come out of your service & attending church is having genuine love."

Love, love, love.

Man was he right on, and it's so true that attending our meetings no matter what religion we are, and having the gospel is truly all about love, & we should act upon it. 

So with  General Women's meeting being held tonight, and general conference being in a week I will be focusing once again on heeding the words of a prophet and all his leaders. No matter how different each of them are when it comes to their talks I always find the inspiration that I'm seeking for, and feel the love they all have for us through their words. I always leave with a fulfillment so deep! 

I'm so happy to have two of my daughters coming with me tonight for the General Women's meeting. We miss Sierra, and wish she could share this special evening with us, but pray that she too will be listening, and seeking guidance from the words of our church leaders. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment