REPLY

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Things Noah Said During the First Week of School...


The first week of school went really well for the girls. They all love their classes, and so far their teachers are pretty neat. Lexie can find her way around the high school (it helps having had her sister attend there for four years), she absolutely LOVES tennis, playing in the pep band, and had their first football game of the season. She looks forward to more tennis matches, and football games and then auditioning for the fall play. Add in waking up at 5am for early morning seminary for the rest of the school year! Busy girl, but she loves it all! 

Fourth graders have it pretty easy so far, and Chelsea loves her teacher. I never worry about Chelsea's behavior in class, it's the other kids I worry about that make things hard on the teacher that don't pay attention, and bug Chelsea. Hopefully this year will go smooth, but it's usually inevitable and luckily Chelsea has the tolerance, and a mouth to let the teacher know when a child is misbehaving, and bothering her. Overall...I'm sure they are all going to have a great year. 

Now I get to have my one on one full attention with Noah. He's my first priority, and even though I give him some time on his own to entertain himself I still watch his every move including the things he says. And boy has he uttered some pretty funny things lately. Come hang out with my kid, and you'll "hear" what I'm talking about. 

Just listen to (read) these sayings....

"Where's my back to school sign mommy. I want to hold it. It's so pretty!" 

Chelsea: "Mom my fleece jacket from last year fits better & I can wear now." Noah: "Mom, Chelsea's coats from last year fit now...can I wear mine too."

Chelsea: "I'm so happy because Ms. Kelley gave me a blue folder...my favorite color!" Noah: "Mom, since Chelsea's teacher gave her a blue folder can i have one in red? Okay mom? Red. I want red mom."


Me: "Noah, what kind of cereal would you like? Scooters, or Life? Noah: "Um...I want your cereal  mommy." (I eat frosted flakes.)

"Daddy, my spit has boogers in it!"

"Mommy I want shark and whale Lego's." 

Me: "Noah, do you want to stay here with Lexie or come with us to the store?" Noah: "I want to play on the computer." Me: "This is not multiple choice." 

"Mommy,  are you my mommy?" 
Me: "Yes Noah...I'm mommy. Are you my  Noah?" Noah: "Mommy I'm a boy!" Me: "Yes, I know your a boy, and your Noah too." Noah: "I'm a boy named Noah. And daddy's a man named daddy & your a girl named mommy!" 

Noah: "Where are my sisters? Is Sierra coming home? I want her." Me: "They're all at school Noah, and Sierra is in Utah." Noah: "I want to go to school too, I want to go to Utah, and wear my Darth Vader backpack. I want my sisters mommy." Me: "Next year Noah, next year you can go to school, and they will all be home soon okay?" 
Noah: "Oooooohhhhhhkaaaaaaaay." 

And This is why I absolutely love staying home with Noah & tending to his every need 24/7! I love giving my full attention to this boy & no matter how many gray hairs I get because of the off the wall answers I get they are all worth it! I. Am. Never. Bored!

My ears have been so attuned lately with the things he's been saying & I have managed to retain his words, and quickly jot them down every time he says something worth remembering. He's growing up way too fast, and want to notate every word that he utters. I didn't really record any of the things the girls said while they were toddlers  except write about the silly things they did. I'm sure the girls had 'cute sayings' but  for some reason this boy is different & the things he's said so far are pretty sweet, and funny. 

So I'm paying extra attention to his words & have started saving his voice mails too. They're so sweet & most of them occur when we're out running errands. He'll call asking me to not forget the milk or Hawaiian rolls. Sometimes I have my phone on vibrate which causes them to leave me a voice mail.  Luckily there hasn't been any major emergencies when they've called me, but those Hawaiian rolls for Noah are a pretty big emergency for him. 

After listening to a podcast on NPR on how a mother recorded her children on an answering machine when they were little got me doing the same thing. I began saving all of our kids voice mails. Too bad I started late with Sierra.  It'll be interesting to hear her voice at 24 & compare it to a message she left when she was 17. Same with Lexie and Chelsea. They are both still young, and developing and look forward to the day when they are all in their 20's so that they can hear how their voice sounded when they were little. 

These times are so important for our children, and mine are so precious to me. I value my time with them, and even though I'll give them breathing room, and "space" for my teenager...I will never take them for granted. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment