REPLY

Friday, February 23, 2018

75 Degrees In February!

The weather we had this past Wednesday was absolutely gorgeous, and too good to be true especially in our neck of the woods. It's very rare to have warm weather in February. The last time I remember having a warm day in February was four years ago. 

If you follow me on my Instagram, and took a peek at my insta story you'll see we had all kinds of fun at the park. I couldn't let this day go by without taking advantage of being outside. Good thing because it's raining right now, and will be until the weekend! 

Luckily the kids had half days this week due to parent/teacher conferences, and we packed our afternoon with all kinds of outdoor fun. Jon and Noah played a little football, and Noah is getting better at catching it. He's a pro at catching a frisbee but is slowly learning how to throw a football. He did pretty good for the most part.
Everyone had fun playing frisbee. I was too busy to join in because of recording & taking photos. I think next time I'll join in completely, and put my phone away. Seriously need to work on that! I love capturing moments of my family in pictures, but I also want to be present as well. Even Noah kept telling me to pay attention. Because of the wind the frisbee was heading in my direction, and hit my face. Luckily my eye was closed. I just thought it was funny when Noah said, "Mom, if you were paying attention, and not on your phone you wouldn't have gotten hit!" Such a true statement coming from a smart kid who doesn't have a smart phone! 
We skipped rocks and Noah even got to break in is new scooter. These scooters ae the best in the market! I even want one for myself just to cruise around in! 
He had so much fun, and being by the lake is so relaxing. I got to put my feet in the water, and it was freezing cold! Noah was brave, and wanted to get his feet wet too. 

 Piggy back rides for the win!
I'm so bummed that I'm not in any of these photos! How is that possible! I'm really good at making sure I'm in a few, and the kids usually ask if I want my picture taken, but I guess the kids were too involved in having fun as it should be! Even Jon is in one photo. He is my big kid who doesn't give a hoot about social media. He doesn't mind having his picture taken, but at the same time doesn't have an Instagram, and is rarely on Facebook. What a guy! I should be more like him, but then again I am the mom who is a picture freak, and pretty much rules on keeping up with the history of our family including journaling, and online scrapbooking! 

Not sure if we'll have another day like this day, but I'm so glad we took advantage, and ventured out! Such a fun day it was! 

Hope y'all stay dry, and have a lovely weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment