REPLY

Monday, February 24, 2014

a warm weekend in the winter.

Having grown up in Texas summers were all year round except for this winter. It seems as if my fellow Texans had somewhat of a bitter cold winter, and some snow. By the way...35 degrees is bitter cold to them! haha! I have enjoyed reading all their posts on Facebook, and it's so fun to read the ones that add some humor in it. Especially since they know what bitter cold weather could possibly feel like...you know...like the ones we've been having on the east coast. It got as low as 9 degrees here. Can't get enough of them Nor'easters. 

Luckily we experienced some warmth and sunshine over the weekend, and I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled the kids were to finally soak it up in the sun! All winter long Noah's been constantly telling me to take him to the park. No matter where we drive in South Jersey he knows all the streets that connect to all the different parks we've gone to...and there are a lot here! He wouldn't care less if there is snow on the ground. I explained to him that it's still too cold to play outside, and once the snow is all melted then we can go. At one point I even went to one of the parks, and got out to show him that it was muddy, and slushy, and that the slides were super wet! I don't have that many towels to wipe them down (although I have done that before), but it was too cold to do that this time around. 

This past Saturday was absolutely beautiful! The skies were blue, and the weather was perfect! We went to a nearby park to let the kiddos release some energy. It didn't bother me that there was a lot of people Nahhhh...i'm already used to that. It's crowded like this every year whenever it's the first day of spring, or when the "first real sun" comes out after weeks of having snow. The kids were cavorting as if it was a big party! Running, (not skipping) toward the swings. You can tell some of these kids were cooped up a bit! For once, I didn't really notice any ill-mannered children, and it was nice seeing other kids play nice. 

Noah's favorite, (and I didn't even have to wipe it down) was the sliding down the slide...
And climbing to the top to get to the slide...
^^^ this is some weird contraption. I don't know what to call it, but the kids seem to love getting on it! ^^^
I saw Jon get on the "weird contraption" all by himself, and saw him turning around and around, but didn't get to vine, or record it. I was too busy laughing, and watching him act like a big kid. I then had Chelsea take some photos of us on it together. Don't think we fit, but who cares. Good thing I'm petite, and have small feet, because if I was any taller....I don't know.
^^^ my goofy hubby ^^^
^^^ and i love him! ^^^
This warm weekend really got me pumped up for spring. I am so grateful to live in a place where I can see, and feel the change of seasons. I do love the snow, and it looks like we're expecting some this week, but if it does...let's hope it melts by the end of this week!
Because Spring...we're all ready for you! 

Happy Monday y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment