REPLY

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

To All The Lovers Out There On Valentine's Day....

I just wanted to share some of my words as to how we've managed to keep our love alive for the past 20 plus years. Express love, and kindness to your significant other not just on valentines day, but every day. Sure there are times when our spouses annoy us, and believe me our ups, and downs come in waves. Some have come in a deep trough, and some have been close to the shore where the are easy to mend.

Forgiving, brutal honesty, and real communication is the key in making a relationship work in hopes that it'll last forever. Texts are sweet, and all but every now and then pick up the phone and call your love. Be old school for once, and just call to check up on them. Who cares if they're at work. It'll only takes five minutes to call and say, "hey, hope you're having a good day. Love ya, and see ya soon!" Jon is so good at calling me that sometimes I feel as if I've taken those little moments on the phone for granted. Because of his job I've gotten used to texting him, and I hate that sometimes! I vowed that I will do better in being a hands free mama when it comes to my smartphone, and return his call, not text. 
Cards & LOVE LETTERS! Oh, how I love cards! There's nothing like exchanging valentines day cards with him, and everyone on the planet! He is so sweet to have collected my cards throughout the years, and the ones he has given me are super sweet and ones that I can reread over and over again.! Don't let that feeling of giving or sharing your emotions on paper go to waste just because you feel it's old school, or that "you're getting too old for this." Put pen to paper, or on a card and use your words to express your love. If you're not the writing kind then just tell them. Even after 20 plus years of marriage don't ever let good words go unheard because you never know when they can use a cheerful saying! 

Give lots of hugs and kisses. My girls think it's gross when we express our affection in front of them. Noah will just laugh, and shy away hiding behind his sister's back giggling. Even though they say stuff like "that's gross", or "okay, we know y'all love each other, but we don't need to see this" I know that they are happy that we do love each other, and seeing us expressing kindness, and love in front of them makes them feel secure, and happy knowing that they have two parents who truly love each other. Here we are almost 50 years old, and in all honesty don't feel a day over 30. Every time we go out I feel as if we just went out on our first date! It feels warm, and funny, and good all at the same time.  

Valentine's Day is the perfect day to share your love not only with your significant other, but with your friends and family as well. Love is the answer to everything. 

Hugs and kisses, and Happy Valentine's Day to you all! 

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment