REPLY

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Canada On My Mind.



Canada has been on my mind lately, and wanted to share a quick little story of the first, and last time we visited. Chelsea was just a baby when we went! That was 13 years ago! I will always remember this trip with our three little girls. They were always so happy every time we ventured out on road trips. The smiles of the girls in these photos prove all too well just how happy they were, and still get when we hit the pavement to unfamiliar territory.

When I lived in Utah all I wanted to do was travel the states on the west coast and Vancouver B.C. was at the top of my list. That city is absolutely beautiful! One great thing I remember about Vancouver is how clean this city is! We would drive down the streets and highways and hardly saw any litter. Oh, how I loved visiting here, and long to come back. The girls had so much fun playing on the grass and with Chelsea. Little did she know how spoiled she was with love by her sissies! 
When we went inside the currency exchange I remember how interested the girls were when we exchanged American dollars for Canada cash, and explained to them how, and why this is done. We were also lucky enough to not need any passports when we went through the border either. Now we do! 
Living in the east coast now gives us the opportunity to visit Montreal, or Toronto. We hope to visit this summer before Lexie is off to college. She can certainly put her French to use! I think going to Montreal to speak French is more affordable  than flying the six of us to Paris. I'd love to take Lexie someday and that time will come, but a trip to Canada for now will do, and that's fine by me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment