REPLY

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Our Valentine's Day.

Valentines day this year came and went by way too quick! With the kids in school Jon and I spent the day in the city. It was 60 degrees, and a perfect day to walk the streets of New York, and take in the nice early "spring" weather! We were famished, and had lunch at cafe lalo. It was perfect, and half empty which was nice. We were lucky to have found a parking space a block away for free. Reason I'm mentioning "free parking" is because parking can cost you up to 50 bucks in the city! Especially if you drive a mini-van. Counting our blessings every time that happens!

Anyway, lunch was perfect, and the dessert and being with my love in this wonderful city was soooo nice. 
We wanted to buy some treats for the kids, and went to Orwashers bakery which is really good! Their artisan bread is amazing! I wanted to buy one of everything in the store, but ended buying some thumbprint cookies for the kids. 
We came home and the kids were excited. Mornings are usually rushed because of early morning seminary, and so the kids didn't get to open their little valentines until we got home. Luckily Noah had his little valentine exchange party, and was a happy little boy when he came home with his goodies. From what his sisters said, he immediately took them out of the box he decorated, and started chowing down. No wonder he was hyper when we got home! 
Everyone loved the valentines he gave out this year. Most of the kids are into sci-fi and thought his "strange" valentines were on point. 
I absolutely loved this day. It was non-stressful, and we didn't go all out for each other. A simple card, love letter, and food are the way to my heart, and Jon knows exactly how to satisfy my tummy! The girls are so simple when it comes to gifts, and as long as they have sweets, and lots of chocolate they are good! 
I love all my valentines including my sweet Sierra who is out in Utah. These kids including their pa are my heart! The older they get my love for them grows stronger, and heavier to the point where I just don't want them to grow up! I remember the first time I blogged about valentines day and they were so little! Love is everything when it comes to my family, and whether or not you celebrated valentines day I hope y'all had a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment