REPLY

Monday, July 23, 2018

Noah-isms In July.

It's hard to believe that in less than four months our little guy will be nine. There are days when he acts his age, and days where we're like, "what did he just say?" Our conversations with Noah are becoming more adult-like, and he truly is becoming an old soul. I blame it on having three older sisters and the fact that even though they spoil him with hugs and kisses they talk to him as if he's 12 and not eight. I am amazed at how he words things, and talks about life, and how he's not afraid to share his thoughts, and feelings with us.

I love that he has a filter, and that he's beginning to think before he speaks. He truly is a respectful little boy who loves to interact gently with other kids. If only he can do that with his younger sister Chelsea. They still have that love/annoying  relationship going on, but it's gotten better throughout the year. 

It's becoming easier to remember some of the things Noah has said lately because his annunciation has become clearer, and his vocabulary more extensive. Here are some of his noah-isms as of late. They may not be as humorous, but it's worth it to me to document them so that I can remember. 

 A dear friend of mine was moving and gave my girls a ton of free clothes, and when Chelsea tried this red dress on she said, "mom, i can wear this with my red cape, and be little red riding hood for Halloween! Noah nonchalantly walked right past her and said, "well don't expect me to be the big bad wolf!"

While calling our for my husband from downstairs, and to no avail Noah shouted out, "Daddy Michael Jorgensen!"

There was this one house that we were looking into renting when we first moved here, and wanted to see if they had done any work on it. It used to be a hotel, and we wanted to just drive by and see if it was available to buy. Well, it's still seems to be available, and it looks like work is being done on it. The adventurous child in me came out in me, and I walked up to the door, and knocked, but no one answered. There were lights on, and the door was open! I walked in with the kids,and they were a little creeped out. For Lexie it reminded her of the house in "Supernatural." We continued to walk through this huge house, and proceeded to go toward the spiral stairs. Noah then said, "you're walking around this house like it's no big deal. It's not even ours." It is a beautiful house with lots of potential, but no. 

While reading the scriptures Noah said despicable instead of disciple.

While at Lexie's graduation he saw that everyone was wearing red and black gowns, but when he saw the principal wearing a different color said, "why is she wearing a different one? I'm confused."

After Jon made dinner for us, "thank you papa for the food" and Jon said, "your welcome."  And then Noah said, "thank you for saying your welcome."

So while the girls were at girls camp we were planning our week, and asked Noah if he'd like to go the Franklin Institute, and he said yes! He mentioned how there was a robot display that his friend went to during the school year, and that he wanted to go. I asked Noah why he didn't tell me anything about it. He then said, "mom, i didn't tell you because you always say how you really don't care what my friends have to say." Yikes! I had to explain to him how I don't like hearing about how much his friends play games, and minecraft, and other drama, but when it comes to anything educational or something he loves like legos or robotics  to please tell me about it. I think he got the gist of my explanation! 

Oh the things he says! Love this kid so dang much! 






No comments:

Post a Comment